Job OpportunitiesWorld Relief Canada is seeking an Institutional Grants Program Officer
THE AGENCY:World Relief Canada was formed in 1982 as the relief and development assistance arm of the evangelical church community in Canada, and is an agency working in partnership with overseas church partners to assist and empower the poor in developing countries.THE POSITION:
THE QUALIFICATIONS:The applicant should:
- The Institutional Grants Program Officer, based in Markham Canada, will:
- Identify, apply and access grant funding from CIDA/DFAIT and other institutional donors.
- Manage grant-funded programs in the areas of emergency relief and rehabilitation, water and sanitation, health, food security, and integrated programming.
- Administrate assigned programs, reviewing performance, reporting, and providing technical assistance as needed for partners to execute programs as per contracts.
- Conduct 2-3 overseas trips per year to grant-funded programs in Africa for planning, assessment and training overseas partners to ensure program performance.
If qualified and interested, please apply as soon as possible.Apply with a resume to:Janet KarsgaardSenior Program OfficerWorld Relief CanadaSuite 310, 600 Alden RoadMarkham, ON L3R 0E7Fax: (905) 415-0287E-mail: email@example.comAlthough we appreciate every application, only those being interviewed will be contacted.
- Be a Christian with strong commitment to holistic ministry with the poor.
- Have minimum 5 years work experience accessing and administrating grants.
- Have minimum 3 years work experience overseas.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Experience accessing and managing contracts for CIDA would be an asset.
- Have a university degree in a field relevant to the position.
- Have good interpersonal, training, planning, assessment and reporting skills.
- Be financial and computer literate.
- Have a high proficiency in English.
World Relief Canada’s Mission is to respond to the relief and development needs of the world’s poor in the name of Jesus Christ, through our global network of Christian organizations, in partnership with Canadian and overseas Churches.
World Relief Canada’s Vision is to see people responding, with compassion and justice, to the needs of the poor, oppressed and suffering in ways that bring healing and transformation in the world’s poorest communities.
World Relief Canada's Core Values are the essential cornerstones upon which we do our work and are reflected in the following six areas.
- Economic Justice
- Empowerment and Equity
- Environmental Integrity
- Mutual Independence
- Financial Accountability